Stichting ENSIL (European Network for School Libraries and Information Literacy) is a Foundation, based in the Netherlands. It advocates professional school librarianship, by encouraging professional development of school librarians, exchange of information between school librarians and stakeholders and promoting school libraries throughout Europe.
ENSIL supports education, reading, critical thinking, and full citizenship; ENSIL promotes school librarianship
Because ENSIL is a foundation, not an association, we do not have members but participants. Anybody in Europe involved in school librarianship can become a participant and participants do not pay a membership fee.
Being a participant includes sharing information via our list serve (discussion list) and Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ensil-europe/ and or become involved in activities.
Our main goals are:
- Research on and dissemination of information about school libraries and the profession of school librarians
- Research on and dissemination of information about Information literacy and Multiple literacies
- Advocacy for school libraries and the profession of school librarianship
- Communication among professionals in the field of school librarianship and information/multiple literacies
- Promoting professional development of school librarians
See more on the “About ENSIL” page
IASL2015 for short, The 44th Annual International Conference of the International Association of School Librarianship incorporating the 19th International Forum on Research in School Librarianship is organised by Meles Meles SMD and the Welten Institute of the Open University of the Netherlands for long.
June 28 – July 2, 2015, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
Early bird booking extended to 31 March 2015.
ENSIL will be there. The world of international school librarianship will be there. Will you be there? Don’t miss it!